With Metadrive you can automatize your workflows. In this article we explain how to add workflows to your documents in Google Drive with Metadrive and how their configuration works.
1. In the Metadrive App home page, open the folder you wish to implement the workflow in by double clicking on it. In the example below, we select the «testing» folder.
2. Once you have opened the desired folder, you must click on the «folder properties» icon marked in the picture below.
3. Then, the properties of that folder will appear. There, you must select «workflow details» (1). If no workflow was previously created, you will see the same message as the one in the picture below. To create new workflow you must click on the + icon on the right (2).
4. After that, the workflow configuraron panel will apear so you can fill it in.
5. In the workflow configuration, you can also select some post-workflow actions, specifying who must be notified in each case and if the file must be moved to another folder.
6. To conclude with the creation of the workflow, you just need to save it by clicking on the button in the upper-right corner. If you have activated the option of automatically launching it, you do not need to do anything else. If not, go to point 7.
7. In case you have not selected to launch automatically your workflow, you just need to click on the «pencil» icon next to the document. Then, you go to workflows (on the top) and click on «launch» and the contacts selected to be notified will receive an email (picture below).
8. If you click in any button, you will be redirected to Metadrive (picture below). From there, you can leave your comment and accept or reject the workflow.